TEAM FUNDING AND FUNDRAISING:
Swimming is one of the most affordable high school sports. The funding for the team is provided mostly through community sponsorship and athlete fees. Depending on the number of roster swimmers, the expectation is that the 2016-17 swim season will be $400 per High School swimmer, and $300 per Middle School swimmer.
This fee includes: Professional Coach, Competitive Suit, Practice Suit, Team Wear and Spirit Wear, Googles, Team Equipment, Facility Time and most transportation. 9+ Varsity and 6+ JV Meets.
Booster Activities provide athletes the opportunity to sell raffle tickets during the season, bring in new community sponsors and in many cases fully cover the expected season costs while providing necessary funds to keep our overall costs so low. Please CLICK HERE for Sponsorship opportunity details.
- Swim Team Information Meeting: Tuesday 9/6, 7pm, NH Performing Arts Center
- Swimsuit Fittings #1: Thursday 9/8, Coach Frederick's Room #311 until 6pm after school
- Swimsuit Fittings #2: Tuesday 9/13, Coach Frederick's Room #311 until 6pm after school
- Participation Deposit ($150) due: Friday 9/9 Friday 9/16
- Team-Building Activity / Equipment Bag Distribution: Saturday 10/15, NH High School Gymnasium (New Gym), Time TBD
- First Practice: Monday 10/17, 7:15-9:00pm
- Total Fees Due: Tuesday 11/1
- First Swim Meet: Saturday 11/5
- Middle School Season Ends: Saturday 1/28
- High School State Meet: Thursday 2/2 - Saturday 2/4
- Swim Team Awards Banquet: Late February (TBD)
BENEFITS OF COMPETITIVE SWIMMING AND TRAINING:
"Swimming is an awesome cross training opportunity suitable to prepare for any athletic endeavor for low joint impact, full-body conditioning, and increased explosiveness and endurance. Swimming adds a third dimension to aerobic exercise because of holding your breath during physical exertion. The Anaerobic Low Impact conditioning of a swimmer strengthens their ability to compete in any number of other land based sports, giving them that extra preparation to make the team."
As you can see in the chart below, Swim Team season is still accessible while participating in many other team sports, and can be a great way to train and prepare for other sports, too!