I am excited to be given the opportunity to be part of the North Hall Swimming Family. I bring many years of swimming experience to the North Hall program. As a swimmer, I represented my native country of New Zealand at the national and international level:
- New Zealand National Record Holder in the 50 Meter Backstroke in 1988.
- New Zealand National Record Holder in the 50 Meter Butterfly in 1988.
- Ranked 25th in the World in the 200 Backstroke in 1989.
- Placed 8th in the 2oo Meter Backstroke at the 1989 Pan Pacific Championships in Tokyo, Japan.
- Placed 8th in the 200 Meter Backstroke at the 1990 Commonwealth Games in Auckland, New Zealand.
In 1990, I moved to the United States to attend the University of Alabama. During my time in Tuscaloosa, I had the following opportunities:
- Earned a swimming scholarship to attend the University of Alabama
- Four Year Letterman in Swimming from 1990 to 1994
- Academic All Southeastern Conference from 1992 to 1994
- Ranked 2nd All Time in the 200 Backstroke at the University of Alabama in 1995
- Recipient of the Coaches Academic Award in 1994
After graduation from the University of Alabama I started my teaching career in LaGrange, Georgia. Since that time, I have coached several teams in the West Georgia region.
My philosophy as a coach is that hard, focused work will produce positive results. I believe the Hall County mission statement should represent our swimming program: Character, Competency, and Rigor...for All
- Character: Inspire others with your actions in and out of the water.
- Competency: Come together as a team to help your teammates become the best that they can be.
- Rigor: Work to excel at everything you do each day.
See you at the pool,